If there is a fundamental figure in any casino, whether physical or online, it is the croupier. He knows perfectly how a game works, and handles the cards and tokens with unusual skill to speed up the game. Necessary in roulette, blackjack or many other table games, without the presence of it the casino could never function the same. But what exactly is the role of the casino dealer? At iJuego, the best online casino in Canada, we tell you what a croupier is and what his functions are.
What is a croupier?
The croupier’s main mission is to control and direct the game at the table that corresponds to him. He is responsible for dealing with the client, and for enforcing the casino’s action protocols, acting at all times in accordance with the rules of both the casino and the game.
But, in addition to knowing the rules well and strictly complying with them, the croupier must also manage the users’ bets, and in those games in which the bank also plays, such as blackjack, play on his behalf.
Likewise, he must have the ability to find winning patterns and to calculate the winnings or bets that players must place.
The online casino croupier
Although it can be believed that the figure of the casino does not make sense in the online casino Zenit (play here), the truth is that the opposite happens. As in physical casinos, the role of the croupier in the online casino is essential. In these cases he must be able to direct the game and dynamize it at the same time.
Also, keep in mind that some online casinos, such as iJuego, have live chats in which the croupier and the participants can talk live.
Live games are becoming more numerous in online casinos. Many players prefer to bet from home, but without giving up the excitement of physical gaming rooms. The dealer’s role, then, is to make the game entertaining and convey the intrigue and fun of any other casino.
What do you have to do to be a croupier?
With the large number of casinos that exist, becoming a croupier is an idea that more and more young people are considering.
In all casinos it is essential to have people capable of acting as intermediaries between the player and luck, which is why the croupier profession has more and more future and is more in demand. But what do you have to do to be a croupier?
If you want to occupy this position you must train, master the rules and the operation of the games perfectly and learn and develop great skill with your hands. Likewise, you must also have a great ability in mental calculation to be able to solve operations in the shortest possible time.
Training as a croupier is a great option for those looking for a job today. In addition, it offers a wide range of professional categories, which allows continuous improvement.
The skills of a good casino croupier
Being a croupier is not easy. It requires having a series of very specific personal skills that allow you to manage everything that is happening around you. Therefore, it is essential that you stand out in the following aspects:
– Mental agility: the croupier must have an agile mind to detect bets and winning hands. He must also be able to be aware of everything that happens and prevent any mishap.
-Manual dexterity: he must be able to transmit reliability and professionalism when handling decks, dice, roulette… And he must do it without wasting time in the game.
-Be good with numbers: he must have the ability to perform mathematical operations mentally and quickly, since he is in charge of distributing the winnings and accepting the bets.
– Peace of mind: on certain occasions the croupier will find himself facing a large bet in which the house or a player will be close to winning or losing very large amounts. In these situations, the croupier must maintain a calm and serene attitude, without spreading nervousness to the participants. This also applies to rude players.
– People skills: the croupier is the visible face of the casino, and the first line when dealing with any doubt or claim from a player. In addition, the player must be comfortable at the table and for this the croupier must have people skills and be communicative so that everything flows naturally and the clients are at ease.
– Good observer: while the game is taking place, the croupier is in charge of supervising the honorability of the players and that the rules are followed. If this is not the case, he must sound the alarm, but always with total discretion.
Although the croupier’s tasks are multiple, the following stand out among the most common.
– Dealing the cards: dealing cards, chips or balls is the main task of any croupier.
– Play for the bank: in games in which the bank plays like blackjack, the croupier will be the rival to defeat.
– Pay the players: this means paying attention to the victories and bets made and being able to have a good mental calculation to avoid mistakes in the distribution of the prizes.
– Solve the doubts of the player: the croupier also has the obligation to help the players in everything they need. – – It is the visible face of the casino and it has to show the best face so that the client is happy.
– Enforce the rules: Only a professional and experienced dealer is capable of enforcing all the rules and uncovering the cheating of expert players.
Now you know what a casino croupier is and what his role is, but the best thing about the casino is to play and have fun with the different games of chance. In iJuego you can choose from a large number of options and have a fun time with our croupiers throwing balls or dealing cards 24 hours a day. Sign up on our website if you want to start enjoying and earning money.