The Emmy Award is one of the most prestigious awards of the TV industries. The Emmy Award is an annual TV awards given TV artists for achieving excellence in TV industry. The Emmy Award well known as Oscar Award of the Cinema and Grammy Award of the Music. This yearly TV award show was established in the year of 1949 in USA.
Facts file and Stats of The Emmy Award
* Emmy Award was establishment in the year of 1949.
* This is a well known TV awards show.
* The first Emmy Awards were given on 25th Jan, 1949 at the Hollywood Athletic Club.
* Shirley Dinsdale was the first person to receive the debut Emmy award for the category of Most Outstanding Television Personality.
* Emmy Award was started in the United States of America.
* Emmy Award is considering equivalent to Oscar Award of the Cinema and Grammy Award of the Music.
* Emmy Award is given by three separate organizations ATAS, NATAS and IATAS.
* The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS) honors national prime time entertainment excluding sports;
* In Emmy Award no cash prize is given.
* In this award show only a gold statuette is given to winners.
* Emmy Award given in May or Jun month of every year.