The IIFA movie awards show is a first worldwide celebrated Bollywood movie award show. This most glamorous awards show of Bollywood cinema is takes place at the various cities of the world in every year. It is a yearly movie awards show where awards are given to Bollywood masterful and specialized proficient for accomplishing greatness in their expert field.
Since the development of The Filmfare Awards in the 1954, it is presented yearly by The Times Group to honour excellence of professionals in the Bollywood Cinema of India. The Filmfare Awards is one of the oldest cinema awards of the Bollywood which is also known as the Oscar award of the Bollywood Cinema.
The Filmfare award ceremony is one of the oldest and most popular film events in Bollywood. These awards were started same year as the National Film Awards. They were initially referred to as the Clare Awards after the editor of The Times of India, Clare A Mandy. In the Filmfare Awards a dual voting system is applied in which both the public and a committee of experts voted for the awards.
Fact File of Filmfare Awards
* The inaugural Filmfare awards function was held on 21 March 1954 at the Metro Theatre of Mumbai.
* In the 1954 only five awards categories were presented.
* First Best movie was given to Do Bigha Zameen movie.
* First Best Director award was given to Bimal Roy for his direction of Do Bigha Zameen movie.
* First Best Actor was awarded to Dilip Kumar for his performance in Daag movie.
* First Best Actress award was awarded to Meena Kumari for her performance in Baiju Bawra movie.
* First Best Music Director award was taken by Naushad for his music in Baiju Bawra movie.
* In the year of 2018 there were total 37 awards categories presented.
* The superstar of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan received the most nominations in Filmfare awards.